Welcome to the Indigenous Governance Network, hosted by Reconciliation Australia.
You may be using this website to connect and build a network of like-minded professionals or to learn more about the success and strength of Indigenous Governance.
Reconciliation Australia makes this material available on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. Before relying on the material in any important matter users should carefully evaluate the accuracy completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material at this site may include views or recommendations of third parties which do not necessarily reflect the views of Reconciliation Australia or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
Note that we are not required by law to contact you to inform you of changes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these terms and conditions of use.
Personal information and your privacy
You supply ‘personal information’ to us when you fill in an online registration form, subscribe to one of our email newsletters, comment online in discussion forums, provide feedback on our content or email us.
The personal information we collect is used to manage your subscriptions, contact you about your feedback, and keep in touch with you. When you register you give us a licence to perform these technical and administrative functions.
We will never give your personal information to any company or individual for commercial purposes.
Other Network members will be able to access the information contained within your individual profile. Contact information will not be accessible by the general public.
Purpose of this website
The Indigenous Governance Network aims to bring together individuals and organisations from across Australia, who are involved in, or interested in learning more about Indigenous Governance. The Network will provide a vehicle for members to share information on their achievements and learnings, as well as to share stories of best governance practices, both domestically and internationally.
Your use of this Network
• use this Network to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
• publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
• use any automated scripting tools or software;
• engage in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via this Network;
• impersonate any other person or entity;
• upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using this Network any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
• breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Network in your jurisdiction.
If you have a complaint about any of the content that may be published on this Network, you should contact us.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this Network, including (but not limited to) text, graphics, audio and video files, information architecture and coding, is Reconciliation Australia’s copyright property or is used under licence. All rights are reserved.
You are provided with access to this Network and may download, store in cache, display, print or make a single copy of the information or material stored on this Network (in its unaltered form) and for your personal and non-commercial use only.
Except for these purposes, and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any similar statute that applies in your jurisdiction), you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website, without our written permission.
If you wish to make any other use of the material on this Network, you must obtain our permission before doing so. To ask for permission or for further information, please contact us.
All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos displayed on this Website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws.
Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any mark, which are displayed on this Network without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Links to external Websites
This Network may contain links to external Websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over or rights in any linked Website that is not our own.
The inclusion of a link to an external Website should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Reconciliation Australia, of the owners or operators of the linked Website.